Sunday, February 13, 2011

Not Just a Smile

I was talking to my friend on the phone this morning. (Happy birthday, again, Heather). She told me a story about how a smile made a difference to someone. Such a seemingly simple act of kindness can make a huge difference in some one's day. I've included a story in my book, Walking in Faith, about a time when a smile made a difference in my day. Here is a quick peek:

"It's like that in the workplace; we often have no idea what the next person is going through outside of work. I was feeling the double whammy more than she could have known. I didn't rest my head on her shoulders that morning on the steps, but I appreciate that I could have. However, I did catch up withe her later and let her know I was hurting and how much I appreciated her welcoming smile."

Smile at someone at work tomorrow, for no reason. Make a difference. You see, it's not just a smile -- it is a small act of kindness that has the potential to change another person's whole day (who in turn might choose to smile at the next person; therefore potential to change the world).
God bless,
Shari

No comments:

Post a Comment