Sunday, February 6, 2011

Stay or Go?

I hesitate to give advise, I don't want to give the impression that I have all the answers, because I don't. When I teach, I like to get a good discussion going. This is where we collectively can come up with great answers.

Based on my experience...

Lots of questions surround faith in the workplace. I'd say the number one question goes something like this: I'm being challenged and struggling at work. Does that mean I'm in the right place and God is using me to change my workplace or using my workplace to change me? I'm thinking the struggle means it's time for me to move on. What should I do?

Pray. Ask a friend to pray for you. Prayer is always the best defense. Pray for wisdom. And then:

Ask yourself two questions (your answers to these questions will guide you):

1. Am I positively impacting my work environment?

2. Have I begun to let my work environment negatively impact me?

If you are positively impacting your environment, please prayerfully consider you are exactly where God wants you to be!

If you've been worn down to the point your work environment is negatively impacting you -- if your behavior, thought, and actions have become negative, it may be time to let God move you on.

If it's time to let God move you to a new place, it's time for the One Open Door Prayer. I like to ask God to open only one door -- His door -- and to close all others.

No comments:

Post a Comment