Friday, April 15, 2011

Cover Design

The book is going to press on Monday! I approved the final cover design yesterday and it's up on the web site already.

It's been a wait and see process. Every time I've made a prediction about when the book is going to be available there's been another unexpected delay. It's all about God's timing -- trusting that the book will be ready in God's perfect timing.

I think back to how I originally thought the book would be out last Fall! I've been saying April, but pushing it back a little each week, all month. April may still be possible -- the end of the last week in April is a good guess. Thank you for your patience.

I can see why the publisher advising against planning a book release party before it's released.

Back to the front cover . . . it's been a process. What illustration might best depict faith in the workplace? It was a huge question with seemingly unlimited possibilities. I poured over the many options, showing them all to Bill and Chris. From water coolers, coffee cups, computers, office scenes to buildings -- both office and church, the tightrope scene seemed to best describe what it feels like to bring faith to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment