Saturday, December 22, 2012

A Time to Move On

Greetings.

Ahh, the weekend before Christmas. I love this time. I am an early bird. I like to have things done sooner than later; and typical to my nature, and normal schedule I am and have been ready for Christmas. With only one son, no grandchildren, and the siblings agreeing to exchange gifts for the first time ever, shopping was especially easy this year. Not that I'm a fan of easy shopping -- I love shopping. Buying and overspending is something I enjoy. Something I inherited from my mother, even if I don't excel to the same level she did.

So, a quite weekend for me, and just what I needed too. I've had a few extra and unexpected challenges of late. My family is celebrating my nephew Mike's birthday later this afternoon, otherwise no plans. The tree is lit, the cookies and peanut butter balls soon to be taken from the freezer where they lay in wait for the celebrations to begin.

I was reading this morning in Luke of our Saviors birth and the reminder why we celebrate and give gifts this time of the year. Christ was born. What an exciting time.

Many of current challenges I face fall into the Work Bucket. I've come to the conclusion that it may be time to move on from my current position and work I really love. I will not go into details in this post, but will in a future post. I applied for an internal position and interviewed last week. I am hopeful for a fresh, new start. Waiting on the Lord to see what will be next.

God bless you and your families. Wishing you the best Christmas celebration ever. Cherish your time with your loved ones. I will do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment