Saturday, December 1, 2012

Live Your Story


Walking in Faith: Stories of Hope and Encouragement for the Workplace isn’t another “how-to” book about faith in the workplace. It’s a gut-wrenching personal account of my challenges at work that readers have been able to connect with and relate to on a personal level.

I think of the woman who shared with me that she cried through the entire first chapter. She felt my stories because she’s currently living those stories.

Read on, my friend. Read on. They are stories of God’s grace and faithfulness. They are stories of hope and encouragement. God has seen me through a myriad of intense, personal experiences in the workplace as I’ve struggled with relationships, forgiveness, hurt, and betrayal. He’s using the workplace to shape me, and mold me into the strong woman of faith that God has called me to be – called me to be in order to encourage you to be bold and take your faith to work too.

The Empower Ladies Conference is about living your story. Ladies, we must tell our stories! Jesus told stories, and so must we. As we walk down the road of life, there is comfort in taking the journey together.

In the story, Not made for Perfection, I wrote, “The greatest gift we can give each other is a willingness to share our imperfection and accept each other just the way we are.” I challenge you to dare to be yourself at work. Doing so might just give the next person the freedom to do the same.

What freedom there is in being able to be ourselves wherever we go.

Work can be so challenging – ever more increasingly, so it seems. From my vantage point in corporate America, the pressures only seem to mount by the day. However, in the midst, if we bring Him to work with us, there is Jesus Christ. And what a difference this makes in my workday. Overwhelming work demands are balanced with praying friends. Difficult coworkers and managers are tempered with God’s Word.

Live your story! Share your story! I will be at the Empower Conference sharing my stories from my book, Walking in Faith: Stories of Hope and Encouragement in the Workplace. I hope to see you there.

Blessings, my friends. God bless you all as you live the story God has given you.

No comments:

Post a Comment